Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Confirm?

Today at work, I wasn't feeling well today. So I started pushing off from work at 2:30pm. When I turned out from autocity, the jam started from there. When I was about to reach the turning down to Penang, there was a signboard which stated, "KENDERAAN BERAT ROSAK DI KM 4.2". I know this is going to be hard. I thought maybe just starting so I fai fai drive to Jetty.

The Q started even before the traffic light going up the bridge. So you say la.. How like that. Don't expect me to drive bek all the way to penang bridge rite? So i waited. Til 4:30pm, I was still in the car waiting. Did not even reached the toll to pay yet.

When I was about to reach the toll, I prepared RM7.00. When I was near, I saw people giving sylings. I was thinking, how much then? more than RM7? When came to my turn, I saw is written there "RM7.70". Eh.. How come more expensive than penang bridge? Because they need that RM0.70 for the ferry's petrol?

I reached penang about 5:30pm. What the different to come back early with the stupid farking jam? I used the coastal high way to go home. When I reached at E-gate there, the line was farking jam! I look at the penang bridge from far. The vehicles from butterworth is moving but no vehicle seen on the bridge going to butterworth. I though mayb the KENDERAAN ROSAK at the lane going to butterworth. So, I tried to keep left so i can move on faster to go home ma. This is because I also saw the signboard says "JAMBATAN SUDAH DITUTUP, SILA GUNA FERRY". Manatau when I was at the divider of right to butterworth, left to Queensbay Mall, many policemen were there. Reporters and camera men too. I also saw a lady who dress very smart. Like giving some stupid speech. The vehicles from the opposites all stop by the road side to look at what is going on.

I was saying to myself, "FARK ALL THIS PPL LA. NTH BETA TO DO THAN TO CLOSE THE ROAD AT THIS TIME!!"

When I reached home, I received calls saying that penang bridge got bomb wor. I even got sms from eve. Thanks alot for the info. See la.. Tho we just got to know not long ago but she so caring. LOL!


So, anyone got
confirmation
about it?
*UPDATE...
I had the confirmation from my colleague. They really found the bomb in the middle of the bridge. Is the No. 23 lamp post from butterworth to penang. Is in the news too..
SCARY!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Chee Hsien said...

Hahaha.. I can't believe you don't know the rate is RM7.70. Is already for ages..

Jam in ferry is normal. I face it every morning!

Wed Apr 04, 10:35:00 PM  
Blogger Chee Hsien said...

Btw, the other day, i was stuck there for 5 hours to travel from penang to butterworth.

Wed Apr 04, 10:36:00 PM  
Blogger - PC - said...

chee hsien: i din no la. cos usually if i sit ferry i sit to butterworth. not from butterworth. and i go bek using penang bridge.

penang to butterworth oso can jam? should be wen penang bridge is jam la. so got any confirmation?

I jes learned a lesson. penang bridge much cheaper la. i use smart tag RM5.60 nia!!! waste my petrol, toll and energy!!

Wed Apr 04, 10:56:00 PM  
Blogger ItchyHandseng said...

Penang bridge kena bomb?Today not 1st of april right.So u're not lying?SWT

Thu Apr 05, 01:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's confirmed, come out in the news at 7pm on TV also.

Lucky u takda kena bombed! Hehe...

Thu Apr 05, 01:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo, haha bomb ? really came out in news bryan ? when i use bridge from b'worth > penang around 4.30pm already jam, i thought got accident at 1st, later on, reach penang, nothing happen...don't care, then i went to perangin mall to meet my fren, later on my fren working at solectron,prai wanted to go back penang, he said police block, don't let people use wor...say got bomb ? i dunno how true is dat. then later at around 8.15pm, i drive from tesco there go to queensbay, i can see a lot of cars jam wan to go back buttwerworth, what the hell is happening ?

Chee Hsien: this is not a normal jam :) i've used to get stuck in jam between bridge, but this kind is serious type 1 :P

Thu Apr 05, 01:45:00 AM  
Blogger nalini said...

it's a steel pipe that is suspected to contain explosives...

full coverage here:

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2007/4/5/nation/17357425&sec=nation&focus=1

Thu Apr 05, 06:24:00 PM  
Blogger - PC - said...

itchyhandseng: is not APRIL FOOL!! It was in the news!

bryan: I dint watch it. Was having dinner. haha..

kahpeng: how did u managed to come out? ferry?

cheehsien: is real bomb ok? no joke!!

nalini: i got it. thx for the info. linked up d..

Thu Apr 05, 06:43:00 PM  
Blogger Norman Ng said...

Good thing I am not in Penang that day. Heard that the 1/2 of Penang got jammed up.

Thu Apr 05, 08:48:00 PM  
Blogger - PC - said...

norman ng: wat u mean by half penang got jam? where got half? yeap chor yee road der no jam, air itam no jam. oni coastal high way der down to ferry der jam nia.. hahaha..

Thu Apr 05, 09:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home